The ultimate meat lovers pizza, with a crust so thin, it almost disappears in the meat and the cheese. This recipe uses a precooked or seared beef and a no cook pizza sauce, recipe here, so it is a perfect way to use up those leftovers. So quick and easy, you can always swap the topping for whatever you like.
Thin Crust Leftover Steak & Bacon PizzaPrint This
TOOLS & INGREDIENTS
- 300g of pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 100g of bacon, diced
- 200g of mozzarella, shredded
- 200g pre-cooked steak, sliced
Use a tender cut of steak that won’t get tough when slightly overdone. Sirloin and rump are good cheap options. But if you have leftover rib eye or tenderloin, they would work just as well.
- Preheat the oven to Conventional (without fan) – 500ºF / 260ºC | Convection (with fan) – 475ºF / 245ºC
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface sprinkle some flour on it.
- With this pizza I used the perforated pizza pan below, its an alternative if you do not have a pizza stone. If you have a pizza stone place it in the oven to preheat.
- Roll the dough into a circle leaving the edge a bit thicker.
- Once the pizza is rolled to the size and thickness you like, place it on the perforated pizza pan then pour in the sauce with a ladle in the middle then spread it out in a spiral motion till it fills the pizza leaving around half an inch off the edge.
- Put some of the shredded cheese on the pizza then top with the beef.
- Add the remainder of the cheese on top of the beef, this will keep the beef moist.
- Top with the bacon and onion rings.
- Put the pizza in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Keep checking to ensure it is baking evenly and not burning. Rotating the pizza halfway through baking will help with even baking.