There are times, when you want to make pizza sauce in a whim. May be you have made the dough and forgot to make the sauce or you just noticed that you ran out. This no cook sauce is quick easy and tastes just as good and the best part no cooking or special ingredients or tools. It can be made with things already in your refrigerator and pantry.
Try it, I promise it will be a staple.
Simple No cook pizza saucePrint This
TOOLS & INGREDIENTS
- 3/4 cup (170g) of tomato paste
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry basil
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white wine (optional)
- A pinch of Salt and pepper or to taste
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl except the water, olive oil, wine, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients then add the pinch of olive oil and wine.
- Add in the water stirring constantly till you get the consistency you like, the 2/3 cup was good sufficient for me.
- Add the sugar and season season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, it gets better the more it refrigerates, but if in a hurry you can use it immediately.