Balsamic reduction is as the name says reduced balsamic vinegar. It becomes thicker and flavour intensifies, so you won’t need much. A little truly goes a long way. It goes well with meats and as a salad dressing especially when paired with good quality oils like extra virgin olive oil.
Balsamic ReductionPrint This
TOOLS & INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (optional)
- Add the sugar, if using, and the balsamic vinegar into a sauce pan and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture on medium-high heat and bring to boil
- Once boiled reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reduces by around 1/2 – 3/4 (the more it boils, the more it reduces, the thicker and more flavourful the final product). The reduction will still be slightly runny but it will thicken once it cools.